CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

It's A Major Award

So I was all set to write about the Annual Christmas Letter this week, with lamentations about my friend Jennifer’s Aunt Debbie Downer and her yearly tales of existential woe, and our dear-but-puke-inducing friends, Luke and Laura, and their perfect life with Lucky and Lulu.

I had an entire paragraph dedicated to my #1 pet peeve (please, unless you’ve hired a biographer to detail your family’s year, the letter should be written in first person… Andy and Jason are exempt from this rule because their letters rock the free world).

And there was a shout-out to my Aunt Kathi who only sends cards to people who send them to her; she addresses the envelopes without the use of a Blackberry, she simply uses the return addresses on the cards she receives, as she receives them. Stress-free and brilliant, really.

But this morning I received some very exciting news, and, by law, I must share it with you:

I HAVE WON A MAJOR AWARD!!!

Even better than a leg lamp, this is the “Proximidade Blog Love Award” from Adlibby. (thank you, Adlibby!!) Adlibby has provided me with many laughs as she chronicles adult life in my old childhood stomping grounds. She is a dynamite mom and hilarious writer with a crush on Johnny Depp. Who wouldn’t want to be her blog friend?

Never heard of the Proximidade Blog Love Award? Let me share with you, again I have to do this by law:

"This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming.  [Just like the winners!]  These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement.  [Whatever!]   Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!  [Because they thrive on it!]  Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.  [And some side comments too!]"

And so now, by law, I must bestow the award on eight worthy writers. Unfortunately I am still a bit new at the blog world and don’t quite have eight writers to share. So, at the risk of ending up in blogosphere prison (hey, “blogosphere” didn’t get flagged on my spellcheck… but “spellcheck” does. I suppose it’s actually “spell check”), I’m going to share with you some of my favorites (I’m sure some of these have received the award in the past, but they’ve never received it from ME!), and I encourage you to check these out in the oodles of spare time I’m sure you have this holiday season:

Things That Go Pop (My favorite source for important pop culture information. I LOVE Rox!)

Red Tent Girls (Who doesn’t love a site that hits you with Cyndi Lauper?)

Cake Wrecks (Um, because cake is love.)

Love Letters by Cora (Read them and weep. Or laugh until you weep.)

Secret Life of Tova Darling (Much like hearing from your BFF, only in writing.)

Insert Clever Name Here (A college student who takes lecture notes in Haiku. Seriously.)

So, yes, in addition to Facebook and online shopping, I also enjoy the blog world. But not nearly as much as I enjoy reading Christmas Letters. Speaking of which, I’ve got to start addressing mine. Have a fantastic week!

3 comments:

Morgan the Muse said...

Why, thank you! I love it.

Oh, I just looked outside and saw it is raining. Or something. Uh... So, Thanks!

Leon1234 said...

Good to hear...

Unknown said...

Yahoo!! I'm a winner!! Thanks!!