CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

My Coming Out Party

Every Monday for the past 15 months I have offered a story to help you add a little laughter to your week with a great deal of anonymity.

But things are changing, starting today.

My name is Julie, I live in Lawrence, Kansas (fyi, the best Midewestern College Town EVER!), and – as of today – I have somewhat of a day job as a weekly columnist for our local paper, the Lawrence Journal-World.

Starting today, I will write under the column name "River City Jules" here in Lawrence.

(Click on the happy face with jazz hands to find my debut column for November 16th)

*** J ***

But Weekly Jules is far from over...

My weekly tales will still be here, but because the LJW is actually paying me (more than 11 cents per story, unlike Google AdSense), I am giving them my Mondays and moving Weekly Jules to Wednesdays.

Can’t wait until Monday?

I will update a link on the right sidebar every Monday, and you can read a new story hot off the press on the LJW website. Those who get the paper at home can even see a snazzy picture of me, if the photographer uses the one I liked.

(And then come back on Wednesday too for the regular Weekly Jules story!)

I have more fun planned for us here in blogworld too, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, please know that this is a dream job for me that could not have happened without people like you who love to laugh and who remind me every week that joy is fullest when it is shared.

Plus, you are the smartest, best-looking, most charming group of people ever to read a blog. Don’t you think?

So thank you for sharing in some fun, I look forward to the next leg of the blogging journey!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jules, wonderful news and I look forward to reading both blogs! Congratulations!

I have a hunch this is a "stepping stone" and before we know it, it won't be "The September Issue" we're seeing on the big screen, it will be, "Weekly Jules!" Please step aside, Anna Wintour!

Your candid tales have provided me with many laughs, thank-you for that!

I live in hope that one day satirical writing will save the world. :-)

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

OH HAPPY DAY!! Congratulations, Jules!!

You are awesome!Now you get to share yourself with even more people who will think you are just as awesome as we do!

Adriana said...

Congrats! I would have to disagree though...Lawrence is probably the SECOND best midwestern college town..of course Manhattan, KS being the best! LOL Best wishes on this new adventure.

JenJen said...

Jules!
YAY!!!
Congrats and I'll still be here, famous or not.

:)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Congrats on this accomplishment! I have to agree with Adriana though....Manhattan definitly beats out Lawrence! HaHa!

Anonymous said...

"Laugh your way through the rat race." I like that. I will look forward to reading more from you.
Congratulations!

Chris said...

Great work, Jules (can I call you "RCJ"? That has a cool ring to it). Well-deserved success.

And to think, we knew you when . . .

Leah Rubin said...

Congratulations! Seriously, if I weren't seething with envy, I'd be sending you a huge bouquet of flowers! I do love your blog, so now I'll find you twice a week, and that's cool!


Really, you earned it, so enjoy it, and try not to think of the people like me who are swept off the stage like so many discarded crumbs. (Not!)

Julie Dunlap said...

Elizabeth- Thanks so much! I can assure you I am far from movie material, but maybe one day Amos can reenact scenes from our childhood on Skype for you!

KaLynn- Thank you, I hope they are as nice as you!!

Adriana & Mrs. ECS- As long as we don't put Columbia, MO in our Top 2, I think we can all still be friends ;-)

JenJen- Thank you!

Joan- I would have been kicked out of so many meetings during my day job days if anyone would have been able to peek inside my head at the way I viewed the rat race!

KH- The Yanks will ALWAYS be my 2nd favorite team :)

Leah- As the Erma Bombeck title-holder, you have more on all of us!!! Thank you for your encouragement!

Bobby Allan said...

Nice to meet you, Julie. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!