CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Best Care in the Air? (continued)

I wrote to Midwest Airline's Customer Service Department. (It was a [mostly] nice and non-flippant letter. Swear it.) That was over a week ago.


I even tried writing to Oprah.

Unfortunately no one has responded. Not a word. Not even an automated "we got your email" one.

And, while I did not want to do this, I see no other options. So if anyone out there knows how I can reach Chairman, President and CEO of Republic Airways, Bryan Bedford, please send me the contact information so I can forward the following revisions to his letter in the MyMidwest in-air magazine on behalf of myself, my husband, the other 98 people on the plane, the 25 people who were not allowed to fly, and the flight attendants who gave these revisions their blessing (click on photo to enlarge):




8 comments:

Cathy Hamilton said...

Great one, Julie, even though the story is so tragic. We flew "Midwest" last September and spoke to a flight attendant who told us how most of those lovely Milwaukee women (flight attendants) had been laid off. Broke my heart. And, of course, the big seats were all but gone. I remember the days of great food on real china and free champagne fondly. Not to mention the cookies. Sign of the times, and the times suck.

Gwen said...

While I'm sure your experience wasn't funny at the time, this post is hilarious! I can just see you: hunkered over the page you ripped from the airline's magazine, redacting and scribbling, the tip of your tongue sticking out and sweat on your angry brow. You kill me!

JenJen said...

Lovin' the snark Ms Jules....well done.

Cathy C. Hall said...

So, what are you trying to say here? Should I fly Midwest or not????

Diane J. said...

Add the add on your site is Alaska Airlines, LOL. Oh my goodness, that is too darn funny.

Leah Rubin said...

Great job on editing the letter! I'm sure you got it right-- I mean, it's exactly what the goofus meant to say!

Anonymous said...

Please keep us posted on the outcome. Any chance of taking on a couple of the Australian Budget airlines while you're at it? I'm thinking Tiger and Jetstar need a lashing or two!

Qantas, on the other hand, rocks!!

Sassy Britches said...

Oh. my. god. The whole thing was hysterical, but the part that had me gufawing? The asterisk--"not really." Why? TOTAL sum up of your frustration and snark. Well said.