CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

How to Handle a Telemarketer

Our friend, Stan, was enjoying a family dinner with his wife and two children when the phone rang.


"Hello, sir," the voice on the other line began, "I'm calling to talk to you about an exciting opportunity for term life insurance."

"Oh yeah?" Stan said, stealthily moving out of earshot of his wife and kids. "Well I want to talk about pu$$y."

Clearly this was not in the telemarketer's script.

"Um, I'm sorry?" she stammered.

"You heard me," Stan continued with gusto, "I want to talk about pu$$y!"

"Let me get my manager," she said, probably right before bursting into tears and resigning.

Stan, who could have simply hung up and resumed eating meatloaf with his family at this point, decided to wait for the manager and see this to the end.

"Sir, is there a problem here?" the manager asked over the phone.

"Nope," Stan assured him, "no problem here, I just want to talk about pu$$y."

"Sir!" the manager exclaimed, "You cannot talk like that to us!"

"Listen, you called me," Stan replied calmly. "If you don't want to talk about pu$$y, then don't call!"

And Stan enjoyed the rest of his meal, and every meal thereafter, without interruption.


7 comments:

kk said...

Um, I heart Stan.

that's awesome!

my dad's tactic always was: "I don't accept telemarketing calls at home, only at the office."

When they would ask for his office number he would say, "I'm sorry, I don't give out my office number." and hang up.

Anonymous said...

OMG ! classic - the topic choices are endless!

Paul said...

Love this! Love it. Fortunately in Missouri we have a no call list, so we're not bothered much, except at election time, because for some reason they're immune to the no call list.

Totally need to try this on the next campaign caller though.

la_vie_en_shoes said...

Jules, I thought I couldn't love anyone in blogland more than I love you.....but it sounds like I need to make some room for Stan.

Kelly H-Y said...

Hee, hee! I bet they won't call again! Mission accomplished! :-)

The Dukes said...

In my haste to recount this story for Joe he understood that it was YOU who wanted to talk with your telemarketer about Pu$$y (I have no idea why I capitalized that, but it sure looks like we're talking about Oprah's what with the capital 'P' and the dollar signs...). Anyway, it wasn't until Joe picked himself back up off the floor and wiped the tears from his eyes that I mentioned Stan.

The Dukes said...

In my haste to recount this story for Joe he understood that it was YOU who wanted to talk with your telemarketer about Pu$$y (I have no idea why I capitalized that, but it sure looks like we're talking about Oprah's what with the capital 'P' and the dollar signs...). Anyway, it wasn't until Joe picked himself back up off the floor and wiped the tears from his eyes that I mentioned Stan.